Exhibitor/ Food Vendor Guidelines
Welcome to Grand Rapids VegFest! This guideline is an easy checklist to use before, during, and after the Grand Rapids VegFest. If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Before the Event
- All foods/products served or sold must be 100% vegan, which means no animal ingredients including meat, meat broth, fish, shells, eggs, milk, butter, cheese, casein, whey, lard, gelatin, or honey. If you are not sure about your ingredients, please contact us to clarify. If we find that you violate this guideline, the item has to be removed from your table and you may not be invited in the future event.
- You may need a TFE license if you are preparing the foods at the event site. If you are already associated with a licensed food establishment, make the samples at the restaurant or licensed kitchen, and hand them out at the event then a temporary license may not be necessary.
- If you already have STFU (Special Transitory Food Unit), then you need to send “Notice of Intent to Operate” to Kent County Health Department. This needs to be received 4 days prior to the event.
- A certified health inspector from Kent County will be attending the event to check food temperatures, cleanliness, and serving methods prior to the start of the event. Please note that specific guidelines must be observed, or you will be charged a fee by the Kent County Health Division, or possibly your table will be shut down. If you have any questions regarding the Temporary Food License, please contact the Kent County Health Department.
- Submit the vendor application form. You will receive an invoice and be given instructions to submit payment. Spaces are not guaranteed until payment is received.
The Day of the Event: Arrival
- Upon arrival, all exhibitors must check in at the vendor check-in located on the North side of the building. Our volunteers will assist your check-in process. Exhibitor check-in will begin at 8 am and ends at 10 am. If you are delayed and cannot arrive by 10 am, please call Pat at 616-340-8442 or Erica at 616-581-8079.
- You will be given THREE exhibitor passes. If you need more passes, you can pre-order them for $5 each or pay the regular the regular admission price on the event date.
- Volunteers will be available to assist you park temporarily and unload quickly into a designated staging area.
- Food truck vendors, please stand by at the North end of the parking lot. At 10:00 am you will be directed to your vending space.
The Day of the Event: Unloading
- Loading doorswill be open 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Starting at 10 am, this area will be reserved for food trucks only! The doors on the front (street side) of the building are not to be used for unloading.
- Move your vehicle to the front lot immediately after unloading and park. Vendor vehicles MUST be moved from the loading area promptly to allow other vendors to enter.
- There are a limited number of flatbed carts available on a first come, first serve basis. You are encouraged to bring your own cart to expedite the unloading process.
The Day of the Event: Setup
- Duct tape is strictly prohibited but masking tape, gaff tape, or painter’s tape is allowed.
- Electricity must be arranged directly with the DeltaPlex at least 1 week in advance.
- Signs and banners are allowed but no holes may be drilled, cored, or punched into the walls or ground.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed to be left inside of the facility without Management’s approval. Approved gasoline powered vehicles may be displayed with a maximum of ¼ tank of gas, vehicle gas cap must be taped or locked, and the battery cables disconnected.
The Day of the Event: During the event
- Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their own property and equipment at all times. By agreeing to become an exhibitor at the festival, exhibitors acknowledge and agree that Grand Rapids VegFest is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to any property left on the event grounds at any time.
- All exhibitors are expected to conduct themselves with the highest standards of decorum and good taste. Exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Table staffs (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- Exhibitors must keep the areas around their booth clean.
The Day of the Event: Departure
- Exhibitors may begin breaking down at 5:00 pm. All materials must be removed from the venue by 7:00 pm.
- Exhibitor spaces must be left in the same condition they were upon arrival.
- Fill out our exhibitor feedback form before departure or submit it online.
Note: This information is subject to change without advanced notice.