Food Court Vendor Guidelines
Welcome to Grand Rapids VegFest!
We are very excited to have your business/organization in our event and hope you feel the same! We have put some guidelines together to help streamline the process. This guideline is an easy checklist to use before, during, and after the Grand Rapids VegFest. If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Before the Event
- All foods/products served or sold must be 100% vegan, which means no animal ingredients including meat, meat broth, fish, shells, eggs, milk, butter, cheese, casein, whey, lard, gelatin, or honey. If you are not sure about your ingredients, please contact us to clarify. If we find that you violate this guideline, the item has to be removed from your table and you may not be invited in the future event.
- You may need a TFE license if you are preparing the foods at the event site. If you are already associated with a licensed food establishment, make the samples at the restaurant or licensed kitchen, and hand them out at the event then a temporary license may not be necessary.
- If you already have STFU (Special Transitory Food Unit), then you need to send “Notice of Intent to Operate” to Kent County Health Department. This needs to be received 4 days prior to the event.
- A certified health inspector from Kent County will be attending the event to check food temperatures, cleanliness, and serving methods prior to the start of the event. Please note that specific guidelines must be observed, or you will be charged a fee by the Kent County Health Division, or possibly your table will be shut down. If you have any questions regarding the Temporary Food License, please contact Randy Hill (Sanitarian) at 616-558-8855 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will be able to answer all of your questions.
- Fill out preliminary vendor application form and wait until we direct you how to pay your payment.
The Day of the Event: Arrival
- Upon arrival, all exhibitors may check in at the vendor check-in located at North side of the building. Our volunteers will assist your check-in process. Exhibitor check-in starts at 8 am and ends at 10 am. If you don’t show up by 10 am, your table may be removed. Please save (616)881-6988 on your cell phone and contact us if you need any assistance
- You will be given THREE exhibitor passes. If you need more passes, you can pre-purchase it at $5 upon request or buy at regular admission price on the event date.
- Parking is free at all times.
- If you are food truck vendors, please stand by at the parking lot area by 10:00 am and you will park your food truck at the loading overhang door area. (North side of the building)
The Day of the Event: Unloading
- Loading areas will be open 8:00 am to 10:00 am. During event hours (10:30 am to 5 pm), the loading areas will be closed for food trucks. You are not allowed to use the main entrance when the exhibit starts so please allow yourself adequate time to set up your booth.
- Move your vehicle immediately after unloading and park East side of a regular parking spot. You are not allowed to park on loading area.
- There are a limited number of flatbed carts available on a first come, first serve basis. You are encouraged to bring your own cart to expedite the unloading process.
The Day of the Event: Setup
- Duct tape is strictly prohibited but masking tape, gaff tape, or painter’s tape is allowed.
- Electricity is an extra charge. If you haven’t ordered electricity, please contact Megan Grimes, email@example.com 7 days prior to the event (electrical, freight, telephone services, etc) for additional fees.
- Signs and banners are allowed but no holes may be drilled, cored, or punched into the walls or ground.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed to be left inside of the facility without Management’s approval. Approved gasoline powered vehicles may be displayed with a maximum of ¼ tank of gas, vehicle gas cap must be taped or locked, and the battery cables disconnected.
The Day of the Event: During the event
- Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their own property and equipment at all times. By agreeing to become an exhibitor at the festival, exhibitors acknowledge and agree that Grand Rapids VegFest is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to any property left on the event grounds at any time.
- All exhibitors are expected to conduct themselves with the highest standards of decorum and good taste. Exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Table staffs (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- Exhibitors must keep the areas around their booth clean.
The Day of the Event: Departure
- Exhibitors may begin breaking down at 5:00 pm. All materials must be removed from the venue by 7:00 pm.
- Exhibitor spaces must be left in the same condition they were upon arrival.
- Fill out our exhibitor feedback form before departure or submit it online.
Note: This information is subject to change without advanced notice.