Best Dish of January 2016 Meatless Monday Vegan Potluck
Submitted by Tara
1.5 cup Urad Dal (black lentils)
1/2 cup Kidney beans
1 large Red onion
1.5 inch Ginger
4 cloves Garlic
1 Chili (at least)
8 medium size Tomatoes (blended)
1 tsp Coriander seeds
1.5 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Paprika
1.5 cup Cashew cream (1:2 raw cashews to water)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Cook lentils and kidney beans and then drain well.
- Saute coriander and cumin seeds in oil until they pop.
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger, peppers and then add to oil.
- Cook out all water
- Add tomato puree and cook to paste
- Add lentils and kidney beans, and add up to 1 cup water depending on desired consistency
- Add remaining spices.
- Cook at least for 10 minutes
- Add Cashew cream before serving.